Thursday 31 December 2020

It's All About Me!



It took twenty three years to create who Nurul Hana Minarti Binti Omar today. Within these years, I have been given the freedom to explore the world in order to satisfy my curiosity toward all the strange and wonderful things in the world around me.

I grew up in a healthy family. I had a two elder brother and a younger brother and this made my childhood days more colourful. My parents both had stable careers and this provided us with more opportunities to learn what we desired to. I remember when I was a young girl; my parents bought us a piano. I have been exploring music ever since my brother started taking piano lessons. I remember that I was often fascinated by the sound of the piano whenever my brother was playing. I was easily carried away by the melodies of the piano. This affected me so much that I insisted to my parents that I also wanted to learn piano. So I started my musical journey and continue it to this day. I finally completed my grade eight piano with a merit. After all the hardship I went through, success was finally shown in my result. Within these years of learning, I could either vent my anger or express my happiness through the keys on the piano.

Growing up as the only daughter of a policeman and policewoman was quite an experience. The military lifestyle perhaps due to my parent’s job influences me to join the police cadet in school and I was very active. My diligence paid off as I was upgraded from being a member of the club to a president of the club. I am very proud that I am able to take up the responsibility for represent the Sarawak state for a national camping in Johor and I was the team leader for the camping. This also proved that I can lead.

Besides having flying colour in my activity, I also do well in my studies. My father always used to say to me: “if you want people to respect you, first you must respect yourself”. At this juncture in my life I applied for science stream in my secondary school and I see going back to tertiary level of school to earn a degree in Resource Biotechnology in University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) and I got my Bachelor of Science (Honours) on 10 October
 2010 as a symbol of respecting myself and the goals I have set for myself. Besides, I am now pursuing my education to a master level for Education in Biology in University of Sultan Idris Education (UPSI). I am very interested in education because I love to teach. It is this curiosity that triggered my ambition to take this course. This is also due to my working experienced as a speaker for the National Service Programme. After I complete my master, I will have the opportunity to obtain a stable and challenging career.

I know that the road ahead will not be easy for me, but I cannot stop here. I need to move on in order to reach my goals. My success in the future lies in my own hands.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;